noun[usually as modifier] Chemistry
- Any of a group of compounds which are cyclic ethers derived from sorbitol or its derivatives.More example sentences
- Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate was obtained from Aldrich Chemical Company (Milwaukee, WI).
- Therefore, it is inadvisable to add sorbitans to the solutions used in the investigation of the brain mechanisms.
- For mixed films containing sorbitan trioleate and polyoxyethylene sorbitan monoleate, condensation is observed for films of nearly equimolar composition.
More definitions of sorbitanDefinition of sorbitan in:
- The US English dictionary