noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A sweet-tasting crystalline compound found in some fruit.
More example sentences
- A hexahydric alcohol; chemical formula: CH2OH(CHOH)4CH2OH
- Mixtures containing sorbitol, glucose, fructose, sucrose, and maltose were used as standards every fifth sample.
- The reduction of single-channel conductance was found only when sorbitol and glucose were applied.
- The polyol pathway uses the enzyme aldose reductase to convert glucose to sorbitol.
More definitions of sorbitolDefinition of sorbitol in:
- The US English dictionary