Definition of sorcery in English:
The use of magic, especially black magic.
- I don't know whether you believe in witchcraft, sorcery, black magic, and all that kind of thing.
- Many of them practice witchcraft and sorcery as an integral part of the Muslim religious system.
- Another legacy of the nobility to filter down to the streets is a fondness for witchcraft and sorcery.
- 1sorcerous adjective
- Example sentences
- The siblings find themselves the inheritors of an extraordinary legacy, and must bear the burden and the sorcerous power that makes them the mystical guardians of early 19th century England.
- Same criteria can apply to the full range of sorcerous activity from cursing to divination.
- And by so doing, the former 64th Earl of Cornwallis, banished centuries earlier from Torrencia for his sorcerous studies, would have someday returned in the form of his servants to take the throne for himself.
Words that rhyme with sorceryglossary • responsory
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.