Definition of sororicide in English:
1The killing of one’s sister.
- While it may be tempting to blame these killings on some extreme form of sibling rivalry, most cases of fratricide or sororicide defy such a simplistic explanation.
- "She makes me so angry," said the victim of an attempted sororicide.
- Freud seems to have been deaf to the importance in myth of both sororicide and fratricide.
1.1 [count noun] A person who kills their sister.
- Intending sororicides will do well to get this formula fastened in their memories.
- The King is at first inclined to agree with this principle and to mete out to the sororicide the punishment he deserves.
- My error was demonstrated to me in black and white: the sororicide had to be acquitted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan