Definition of sororicide in English:
1The killing of one’s sister.
- While it may be tempting to blame these killings on some extreme form of sibling rivalry, most cases of fratricide or sororicide defy such a simplistic explanation.
- "She makes me so angry," said the victim of an attempted sororicide.
- Freud seems to have been deaf to the importance in myth of both sororicide and fratricide.
1.1 [count noun] A person who kills their sister.
- Intending sororicides will do well to get this formula fastened in their memories.
- The King is at first inclined to agree with this principle and to mete out to the sororicide the punishment he deserves.
- My error was demonstrated to me in black and white: the sororicide had to be acquitted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.