- A thick white sauce made with onion puree and often served with fish or eggs.More example sentences
- Pig's trotters stuffed with morels and a veal jus with sauce soubise, a baron of rabbit, crab ravioli: these are adventurous, dangerous dishes for a place this size.
- And it is fairly safe to assume that à la provençale portends the presence of tomato and garlic, soubise the use of onion, and so on.
- There was a difference of opinion over the roast skewered noisettes of lamb, served with rosemary and mustard soubise.
named after Charles de Rohan Soubise (1715–87), French general and courtier.
More definitions of soubiseDefinition of soubise in:
- The US English dictionary