Definition of souffle in:
- US English dictionary
1A light, spongy baked dish made typically by adding flavoured egg yolks to stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake soufflés for 12-15 minutes.
- Get married, own a business, have children, run a marathon, care for a dying relative, bake a perfect soufflé, practice yoga.
- It could barely have been better: the soufflé was light and moist, and perfectly complemented by a rich, creamy sauce given an edge by the confit.
1.1Any of various light sweet or savoury dishes made with beaten egg whites.
- For dessert Abi and I both had the dark chocolate soufflé with apricot sorbet.
- The hot cinder toffee soufflé with treacle sauce will make sweet-tooths swoon.
- The best of the classic items was the crème caramel; the worst, unaccountably, was the chocolate soufflé.
Words that rhyme with souffléstroke play • bouclé
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan