(also suk, sukh, or suq)
- An Arab market or marketplace; a bazaar.More example sentences
- His son-in-law is the chief cook who does the shopping in the souk early in the morning.
- If it's jewellery you're after, there are enough gold necklaces, chains and rings festooning the brightly-lit windows of the downtown souks to pay off an average country's national debt.
- The capital, Tripoli, is a pan-African city of Italianate squares and Arab souks where visitors can wander without being hassled by touts or pushy shopkeepers.
from Arabic sūq.
More definitions of soukDefinition of souk in:
- The US English dictionary