- A sound other than speech or music made artificially for use in a play, film, or other broadcast production: the play used sound effects of galley oars and blood-curdling yellsMore example sentences
- The pictures will speak, play music or produce sound effects when a potential customer passes.
- Like spoken words or sound effects, music is restricted to broadcast advertising.
- If you turned off the sound entirely, you would only miss the music and the sound effects.
More definitions of sound effectDefinition of sound effect in:
- The US English dictionary