noun[mass noun] Physics
- The difference between the instantaneous pressure at a point in the presence of a sound wave and the static pressure of the medium.More example sentences
- At the site of the eruption the bang surely would have been deadly on its own, purely from sound pressure, like the shock wave of an atomic bomb.
- Stereocilia are essential components for the normal hearing process since they convert mechanical energy of sound pressure into electrical signals, which sensory hair cells then direct to the brain.
- In positive contribution areas, interior sound pressure increases as vibration amplitude increases.
More definitions of sound pressureDefinition of sound pressure in:
- The US English dictionary