- The hollow chamber forming the body of a stringed musical instrument and providing resonance.More example sentences
- Unlike modern harps, the soundbox would have be hollowed out from a single piece of wood and finished with a thin panel to ‘seal’ the sound box.
- The double psaltery had two ranks of strings, one on either side of the soundbox.
- The addition of the forepillar to the soundbox and string-arm greatly strengthened the instrument's structure, allowing the use of greater string tension and stiffer string materials.
More definitions of soundboxDefinition of soundbox in:
- The US English dictionary