Definition of soundclash in English:
1A head-to-head competition between DJs.
- The television trails depict a soundclash taking place between the DJs.
- There's another soundclash on the Sunday, which takes the total number of soundsystems in Wellington for the weekend to six - a remarkable turnout for this underground genre.
- A great opportunity to catch an adventurous, cutting-edge soundclash in a great space: $5 at the door.
2A piece of popular music that features a mixture or clash of very different styles.
- It's a heady soundclash of styles, beats, breaks and funky basslines.
- The lead single is a raw soundclash of electro breaks, punked-up guitar riffs and a French-versed / English-hooked lyric.
- With their baroque pop melodies muddied by doses of drone and distortion, the duo also succeed in creating a stylish - if unoriginal - soundclash between gorgeous, melodic reverie and strung-out, noise-ridden tension.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan