- Used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves: government officials dismissed many of the complaints as sour grapes[with allusion to Aesop's fable The Fox and the Grapes]More example sentences
- There were no regrets, no complaints, not even a whiff of sour grapes.
- The ones who are honest have had to watch the cheats claiming medals and any complaint is made to look like sour grapes.
- The reality is she's articulate and she's composed, and apparently some people tonight have sour grapes.
More definitions of sour grapesDefinition of sour grapes in:
- The US English dictionary