noun[mass noun] Computing
- A text listing of commands to be compiled or assembled into an executable computer program.More example sentences
- If you bought a mainframe, it came with an operating system complete with source code.
- The intruder found some of their proprietary source code, but did not download any of it, the company claims.
- It lives up to its name by making both source code and file formats completely open.
More definitions of source codeDefinition of source code in:
- The US English dictionary