- A North American tree of the heather family, which has acid-tasting leaves. Also called sorrel tree.
More example sentences
- Oxydendrum arboreum, family Ericaceae
- Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.
- I had gone to Hoyt to see a sourwood tree, which I was told I would find on the Wildwood Trail.
- Associated species were pignut and mockernut, hickories, black gum, red maple, sassafras, sourwood, and white ash.
More definitions of sourwoodDefinition of sourwood in:
- The US English dictionary