[with object] Soak in or drench with liquid: the chips were well soused with vinegar
More example sentences
- Choppy waves soused the seaweed which clung to the rocks.
- Shredded carrots are soused in soy sauce and mixed with sesame seeds, coriander and arame, a Japanese algae seaweed product.
- My savarin with rum and muscatel tasted like a stale doughnut soused in wine.
1.1North American & West Indian Food, especially a pig’s head, in pickle.
- Other popular dishes are dumpling and pig-tail or cow-heel soup, souse, and chicken stew.
- I ate pigfoot souse, which I hadn't in a couple years.
- She includes many Caribbean specialities, like souse, and ackee and saltfish, and the glowing photography makes even something as plain as yam in butter sauce look like a long-awaited feast.
Words that rhyme with sousedouse, dowse, Gauss, grouse, house, Klaus, louse, Manaus, mouse, nous, Rouse, spouse, Strauss
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: souse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.