- A wind blowing from the south-east.More example sentences
- A strong southeaster blowing at gale force complicated the rescue operation.
- She said the strong southeaster which has fanned the flames over the past two days was set to continue, and there was a constant danger that smouldering coals in areas where flames had been extinguished, would flare up again.
- Just north of the Cape of Good Hope, a stiff southeaster rips over the summit of Table Mountain, blowing tendrils of fog toward Cape Town's sunbather-dotted beaches, 3,000 feet below.
More definitions of southeasterDefinition of southeaster in:
- The US English dictionary