A bushy artemisia of southern Europe. Also called lad's love.
- Artemisia abrotanum, family Compositae
More example sentences
- The heat brings out the scents; not just the crambe, but the dry undertang of artemisias and southernwood, and the bold, voluptuous wafts from lilies, roses and nicotiana.
- Many herbs can help to deter flies, such as lavender, sweet woodruff, lemon verbena, star anise, tansy, any of the mints, rosemary, bay, chamomile, rue, elder, southernwood and basil.
- Southernwood grows in a dryish soil and in full sun.
Definition of southernwood in:
- The US English dictionary