- A thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event: the recording provides a souvenir of a great productionMore example sentences
- Officers have been on hand at university events giving away cups, bottle openers and other souvenirs with logos reminding them how to keep safe.
- There will be special quiz shows and the winners will be awarded with souvenirs to remind them of their participation in the fiesta.
- I had packed up a box of gifts and souvenirs to ship home, so we went to the post office.
verb[with object] • informal Back to top
- Take as a memento: many parts of the aircraft have been souveniredMore example sentences
- What it all boils down to is souveniring the experience and bad smells.
- That is why these poems should be souvenired by, or given to, visitors to Central Australia.
- I souvenired the offending CD from the floor of the carriage.
late 18th century: from French, from souvenir 'remember', from Latin subvenire 'occur to the mind'.