A Eurasian plant with yellow flowers, thistle-like leaves, and milky sap. Also called milk thistle.
- Genus Sonchus, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Many people mistakenly group the annual and perennial sowthistles into two species rather than four.
- In South Dakota, perennial sowthistle is concentrated in the northeast and eastern areas of the state.
- Also, the leaf margins of spiny sowthistle are much more spiny or prickly than those of annual sowthistle.
Definition of sowthistle in:
- The US English dictionary