- 1 (also soy sauce) [mass noun] A sauce made with fermented soya beans, used in Chinese and Japanese cooking.More example sentences
- Add half the spring onion, the mushrooms, pepper, chilli sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and mushroom water.
- Chiang dou-fu are cubes of tofu fermented in soy sauce or Chinese-style miso.
- Mix half the olive oil with the mustard, honey and soy sauce, and smear all over the steaks.
from Japanese shō-yu, from Chinese shi-yu, from shi 'salted beans' + yu 'oil'.
More definitions of soyDefinition of soy in:
- The US English dictionary