Definition of soya in English:
noun[mass noun] British
1Protein derived from the beans of an Asian plant, used as a replacement for animal protein in certain foods.
- My one slight concern about his diet is that it is based around just a couple of core foods; namely soya and wheat.
- Patients with gout should avoid high quality protein foods like non-vegetarian food and soya.
- The protein content in soya is substantially high when compared to pulses, they said.
2The widely cultivated plant of the pea family which produces soya beans.
- Glycine max, family Leguminosae
- Besides GM cotton, genetically altered maize, soya and oilseed rape are grown.
- So far Argentina has approved crop trials for various cultivars of sunflower, maize, alfalfa, wheat, soya and potato.
- It used to be described as the bread basket of southern Africa, with neat fields of maize and soya growing in rich red soil and farmers notching up world records for yields.
Words that rhyme with soyaannoyer, Boyer, destroyer, employer, enjoyer, Goya, hoya, lawyer, Nagoya, paranoia, sequoia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan