noun(the space age)
The era starting when the exploration of space became possible.
- Why should an engineer or space scientist care about the social sciences when they have done fine without them (aside from psychology) since the beginning of the space age?
- Compared to the United States or the Soviet Union at the dawn of the space age, China is taking longer but fewer strides.
- In conclusion, space exploration in the 1990's has contributed a lot to the space age.
Very modern; technologically advanced: a space-age control room
More example sentences
- How achingly modern and space-age it all sounded!
- This space-age fantasy is technologically revolutionary, but a throwback nonetheless.
- Today, medical research relies heavily on space-age technology and breakthroughs occur almost every day, sometimes arrived at in the most unexpected ways.
Definition of space age in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.