- A rocket-launched spacecraft able to land like an unpowered aircraft, used to make repeated journeys between the earth and space.More example sentences
- By sheer good luck and brilliant timing, Lee was able to watch the space shuttle Discovery launched while he was there.
- Neither the space shuttle nor conventional rockets are up to this task.
- My next day was spent on the Indian river just across from where the space shuttle leaves from its launching pad.
More definitions of space shuttleDefinition of space shuttle in:
- The US English dictionary