- The practice of travelling into space for recreational purposes: space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decadesMore example sentences
- He plans to launch a suborbital space tourism business in three years, with five "spaceliners" modeled on aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan's now-famous SpaceShipOne.
- Perhaps $60,000, the equivalent of the price to climb Mount Everest, will be the "affordable ticket price" that creates a market for space tourism.
- The difference this time is the flight is specifically for the sake of space tourism (with the previous two, they simply added the "tourist" to a planned mission).
- More example sentences
- Cumulatively, space tourists have spent almost three months in space.
- Space tourists won't go through NASA's rigorous astronaut training, so more of the medical prevention will fall to their doctors at home.
- The current market is small, with only seven actual space tourists flying over the last decade, but many people dream of the day it grows.
More definitions of space tourismDefinition of space tourism in:
- The US English dictionary