The practice of travelling into space for recreational purposes: space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decades
More example sentences
- There is also growing acceptance of suborbital markets beyond space tourism.
- U.S. lawmakers, too, are taking the first steps to regulate space tourism.
- Its designers are trying to win a $10 million contest to encourage space tourism.
space tourist noun
- Example sentences
- Two mega-rich businessmen have already become space tourists after paying a fee of around 20 million dollars for the privilege.
- In early 2001 Dennis Tito became the first space tourist when he spent a week on the ISS.
- Cumulatively, space tourists have spent almost three months in space.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: space tour|ism
Definition of space tourism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.