The practice of travelling into space for recreational purposes: space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decades
More example sentences
- He plans to launch a suborbital space tourism business in three years, with five "spaceliners" modeled on aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan's now-famous SpaceShipOne.
- Perhaps $60,000, the equivalent of the price to climb Mount Everest, will be the "affordable ticket price" that creates a market for space tourism.
- The difference this time is the flight is specifically for the sake of space tourism (with the previous two, they simply added the "tourist" to a planned mission).
space tourist noun
- More example sentences
- Cumulatively, space tourists have spent almost three months in space.
- Space tourists won't go through NASA's rigorous astronaut training, so more of the medical prevention will fall to their doctors at home.
- The current market is small, with only seven actual space tourists flying over the last decade, but many people dream of the day it grows.
Definition of space tourism in:
- The US English dictionary