Definition of space tourism in English:
The practice of travelling into space for recreational purposes: space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decades
More example sentences
- He plans to launch a suborbital space tourism business in three years, with five "spaceliners" modeled on aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan's now-famous SpaceShipOne.
- Perhaps $60,000, the equivalent of the price to climb Mount Everest, will be the "affordable ticket price" that creates a market for space tourism.
- The difference this time is the flight is specifically for the sake of space tourism (with the previous two, they simply added the "tourist" to a planned mission).
space tourist noun
- Example sentences
- Cumulatively, space tourists have spent almost three months in space.
- Space tourists won't go through NASA's rigorous astronaut training, so more of the medical prevention will fall to their doctors at home.
- The current market is small, with only seven actual space tourists flying over the last decade, but many people dream of the day it grows.
Definition of space tourism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan