Definition of spacefaring in English:
The action or activity of travelling in space.
- While other spacefaring nations have promulgated their own standards for debris mitigation, there is, as of now, no international consensus position on this problem.
- As in other spacefaring nations, the question is often asked whether space exploration is worthwhile when there are contemporary terrestrial needs that must be addressed.
- Russia and the United States, and the world's other spacefaring nations, will be conducting complex and challenging space missions in decades to come.
- Example sentences
- As a rule, spacefarers would rather face an emergency in orbit than TV cameras, popping photoflashes and a barrage of questions in five or six languages from scores of reporters.
- They may also provide new insights to ensure the health, safety and performance of International Space Station crewmembers and future spacefarers on extended missions.
- But until human spacefarers get more experience - through many trials and some more errors - they're still going to need lots of luck.
Definition of spacefaring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan