Definition of spacefaring in English:
The action or activity of travelling in space.
- While other spacefaring nations have promulgated their own standards for debris mitigation, there is, as of now, no international consensus position on this problem.
- As in other spacefaring nations, the question is often asked whether space exploration is worthwhile when there are contemporary terrestrial needs that must be addressed.
- Russia and the United States, and the world's other spacefaring nations, will be conducting complex and challenging space missions in decades to come.
- Example sentences
- As a rule, spacefarers would rather face an emergency in orbit than TV cameras, popping photoflashes and a barrage of questions in five or six languages from scores of reporters.
- They may also provide new insights to ensure the health, safety and performance of International Space Station crewmembers and future spacefarers on extended missions.
- But until human spacefarers get more experience - through many trials and some more errors - they're still going to need lots of luck.
Definition of spacefaring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.