- A base from which spacecraft are launched.More example sentences
- In the late 1990s regional and state officials seized on a new use for the base: as a spaceport.
- In the United States alone over a dozen states, including inland states such as Idaho and Oklahoma, have expressed an interest in developing spaceports for future reusable launch vehicles.
- Facilities for the public at Mojave on June 21st were a bit basic, and will need to improve at all spaceports, because this new era of space flight will succeed or fail depending on the way the public perceives the experience.
More definitions of spaceportDefinition of spaceport in:
- The US English dictionary