adjective (spacier, spaciest)• informal
- 1Unaware of one’s surroundings or in a state of euphoria, especially as a result of taking drugs: I remember babbling, high and spaceyMore example sentences
- For herself, she was disorganised, spacey, as she remembers it, and found it difficult remembering where her stuff was between the two houses.
- And do you know, I'm still a bit spacey, and can't think of anything to write.
- It was rather disconcerting sitting with my eyes closed for so long and I started to feel really out of body and spacey.
- 1.1(Of popular, especially electronic music) drifting and ethereal: a spacey ballad spacey synthsMore example sentences
- Here's another spacey, chill-out electronic album that features a DJ / producer and a sweet-sounding female vocalist.
- For better or worse, such earthly signposts work to ground the music's spacey ambience.
- The music became spacey and the vocals are like a child whispering cynical nothings in your ear.
More definitions of spaceyDefinition of spacey in:
- The US English dictionary