noun (plural same or spadefishes)
- A marine fish with an almost disc-shaped body. It lives in tropical inshore waters, where it often forms schools.
More example sentences
- Chaetodipterus and other genera, family Ephippidae: several species, including the western Atlantic C. faber
- Atlantic spadefish, for example, which average 3 to 4 pounds, are plentiful for now and are relatively good to eat.
- As well as seeing many barracuda, we encountered a shoal of Atlantic spadefish and angelfish.
- A pair of spadefish and grey angelfish circled above the rays, waiting to pick up left-overs.
More definitions of spadefishDefinition of spadefish in:
- The US English dictionary