noun[treated as singular or plural]
- Small dumplings of a type made in southern Germany and Alsace, consisting of seasoned dough poached in boiling water.More example sentences
- Divide bacon and spaetzle mixture among plates and top each portion with two pieces pork belly.
- Danny had the Grilled Quail with chive spaetzle and lentils and that had more flavor, but not a ton of meat.
- Most entrées come with the increasingly trendy, notoriously belly-busting egg pasta called spaetzle.
from German dialect Spätzle, literally 'little sparrows'.
More definitions of spaetzleDefinition of spaetzle in:
- The US English dictionary