- 2.1Fine and impressive: a spanking white Rolls Royce [as submodifier]: a spanking new conference centreMore example sentences
- Smack in the city centre close to spanking new apartments that must be home to a few footballers wives, Mechu provides much needed quality dining and drinking.
- They have been told that they will have spanking new ‘mansions’ in five years time.
- These days in order to create a buzz about a spanking new stage some distance from the West End, you have to do something dazzling.
nounBack to top
- An act of slapping, especially on the buttocks as a punishment for children: you deserve a good spanking like any spoiled childMore example sentences
- They got a lot more spankings than they probably deserved, but I didn't have a time.
- If you were bad, you were subject to verbal abuse, spankings, or you may not have been picked up at all.
- The resulting ‘thwack’ echoes louder than a thousand spankings.
More definitions of spankingDefinition of spanking in:
- The US English dictionary