- 1Shining brightly with flashes of light: her sparkling blue eyesMore example sentences
- There are many beautiful shots of a night sky with billions of brilliant stars sparkling.
- Great granite cliffs reared up majestically all around us, the foreboding grey offset by sparkling ribbons of water showering diamante spray.
- Just above the southeast horizon is the sparkling bright blue giant star Canopus.
- 1.1Lively and witty: sparkling dialogueMore example sentences
- I read over my recent entries with a curl to my lip; I'm not at my sparkling best in winter.
- Sadly, Mutu ends a sparkling counter-attack with a limp shot.
- Sinead Lyons continued to show her sparkling form by continually attacking from midfield.
- 2(Of a drink) effervescent; fizzy: sparkling wineMore example sentences
- Elbling, Germany's oldest grape, mostly goes into sparkling wine.
- The taste of the fermented tea is very pleasant, being reminiscent of light, sparkling wine or sweet Most (pear juice).
- Also, stock up on some regular or sparkling apple cider.
- More example sentences
- The owner Juan Blanco then pulls out all the stops, with simply cooked but sparklingly fresh fish that would put a much fancier restaurant to shame.
- A sparklingly good time was had by all, to the extent that no-one minded that the orders kept getting mixed up.
- The new Guardian is a sparklingly modern product and is firmly of today - this is what we want.