(also spartina grass)
A plant of a genus that comprises the cordgrasses.
- Genus Spartina, family Gramineae
More example sentences
- Determined to get a river view, I climbed a high bank and looked across windswept spartina grass.
- Decaying spartina grass breaks into small pieces called detritus fueling the bottom of the food chain.
- These are the mudflats that the alien spartina we have introduced is now turning to meadows.
modern Latin, from Greek spartinē 'rope'.
Definition of spartina in:
- The US English dictionary