- A disorder of a horse’s hock. See bog spavin, bone spavin.More example sentences
- Among all the sports medicine problems faced by the horse, bone spavin is probably the most common.
- Although bone spavin usually causes lameness, this may be obscured if the lesions are bilateral.
- Bone spavin is arthritis between the little joints in the hocks, which don't have much movement anyways.
late Middle English: shortening of Old French espavin, variant of esparvain, of Germanic origin.
More definitions of spavinDefinition of spavin in:
- The US English dictionary