- 1(In the UK) guaranteed delivery of a letter within the UK the day after posting: a parcel arrived by special deliveryMore example sentences
- If you're really leaving it to the last moment, you'll need special delivery, which guarantees next day delivery.
- 1.1(In the US) delivery of mail outside normal hours on payment of an additional fee.More example sentences
- So Kaulkin came down to the parking lot carrying a mail basket containing 15 special delivery packages.
- Additional charges may apply for bulk orders or special delivery.
- 1.2 [count noun] A letter or parcel sent by a special-delivery service.More example sentences
- Targets for parcels and special deliveries were missed after reaching new working practices agreements with the unions.
- Some 4,000 managers were drafted in to get out special deliveries and to collect mail in the main commercial areas.
- Many products - such as special deliveries - which were currently not regulated would be now price-controlled, he said.
More definitions of special deliveryDefinition of special delivery in:
- The US English dictionary