- The units of a country’s armed forces that undertake covert, counterterrorist, and other specialized operations.More example sentences
- The missions take place in several different locations in today's world, with the players acting as members of military special forces units.
- He spent five years in the army's special forces branch before being seconded to AIS for paramilitary operations.
- A U.S. official told CNN that in fact an operation has taken place tonight involving U.S. special forces and Army Rangers.
More definitions of special forcesDefinition of special forces in:
- The US English dictionary