- Argument in which the speaker deliberately ignores aspects that are unfavourable to their point of view: he has produced a piece of special pleading that does not wholly stand upMore example sentences
- No one engaged in special pleading.
- The professor's statement was itself a piece of special pleading, by a fine scholar determined to avoid theoretical discussions.
- This is a most remarkable piece of special pleading.
More definitions of special pleadingDefinition of special pleading in:
- The US English dictionary