- A squad that is used for kick-offs, punts, and other special plays.More example sentences
- You may want to work your special teams on containing punt and kickoff returns.
- For two great teams, the special teams units are extraordinarily uninteresting aside from the kickers.
- The special teams play is a tad confusing the first few tries, but with some practice using the Mini-Camp drills help explain things and get you on the right path.
More definitions of special teamDefinition of special team in:
- The US English dictionary