- The heat required to raise the temperature of the unit mass of a given substance by a given amount (usually one degree).More example sentences
- It takes more heat to raise the temperature of a substance with a higher specific heat capacity than one with a lower.
- The specific heat capacity of water is 4200 J / KG / C.
- Joseph Black and Johann Wilcke developed the concept of specific heat capacity.
More definitions of specific heat capacityDefinition of specific heat capacity in:
- The US English dictionary