noun[mass noun] Law
- The performance of a contractual duty, as ordered in cases where damages would not be adequate remedy.More example sentences
- Normally the remedies of damages, specific performance and injunction, will provide an adequate response to a breach of contract.
- In this case the plaintiff was granted an order for specific performance of the oral contract.
- He cannot be compelled to perform or comply with the contract, unless specific performance is ordered by the courts…
More definitions of specific performanceDefinition of specific performance in:
- The US English dictionary