Definition of specious in English:
- The government speciously said it withheld to protect the privacy of the advice given by the.
- He offers a speciously complicated analysis.
- The play speciously associates giving all with ultimate return.
- The novel thus exposes the speciousness of social discourses that worked to maintain the theory.
- The speciousness of this argument is apparent.
- A visit to the region reveals the speciousness of its account.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'beautiful'): from Latin speciosus 'fair', from species (see species).
Words that rhyme with speciousfacetious, Lucretius
Definition of specious in: