A small South American caiman with a bony ridge between the eyes which gives the appearance of spectacles.
- Caiman sclerops, family Alligatoridae
More example sentences
- Even a fearsome spectacled caiman is unable to escape an anaconda's fatal embrace.
- But the nests we found along the stream banks were those of a smaller species, the spectacled caiman.
- As these species became scarce, hunters turned their attention to the black caiman and the broad-snouted caiman, then to the spectacled caiman.
Definition of spectacled caiman in:
- The US English dictionary