- Of or like a ghost: a spectral, menacing faceMore example sentences
- Haunted Land takes us from pre-history to modern times, from Shamanism, through the wild hunt of Europe, to witches, werewolves and vampires and ends with road ghosts, spectral figures and phantom hitch-hikers.
- It's brought the city welcome publicity hot on the spectral heels of the Ghost Festival.
- The night music of the third movement flickered with spectral glissandos and eerie harmonics.
- Of or concerning spectra or the spectrum.More example sentences
- A laser is the generator of intense coherent, electromagnetic radiation in the spectral range between ultra violet and infrared wavelengths.
- The duration of reflectance spectral acquisition was less than 1 second during which the light source of the bronchoscope was switched off.
- The principal steps in obtaining the spectral transmittance of specimens from these pictures are as follows.
- More example sentences
- Verification of the correct breathing frequency of 12 breaths/min was made by visually counting the respiratory trace on the computer display panel as well as by spectrally decomposing the respiratory wave.
- The remaining artifact-free data were then spectrally analyzed using discrete Fourier transforms to yield power data for specific frequency bands.