- An apparatus for producing and recording spectra for examination.More example sentences
- Janssen used an instrument called a spectroscope to analyze the sunlight.
- In 1868, the French astronomer Pierre Janssen studied light from the Sun during a solar eclipse using a spectroscope.
- In 1859, Kirchoff and Bunsen invented the spectroscope and demonstrated that different atoms absorb and emit different wavelengths of light.
More definitions of spectroscopeDefinition of spectroscope in:
- The US English dictionary