The art or practice of delivering a formal address in public.
More example sentences
- It steered his legal career off into an incredibly successful tangent, and he's since been lauded for his speechmaking abilities, both in and out of character.
- Pericles developed a loyal, if informal, mass constituency of ordinary Athenians through speechmaking in the Assembly.
- His Portland "homecoming" in May 2002 was partly a time for speechmaking, at the invitation of local architecture organizations.
- More example sentences
- He was quiet but witty, and an excellent speechmaker.
- Humour was, understandably, far from the agenda of the speech-makers that day.
- In his maiden speech, in December 1852, he confessed that he was not a speech-maker.
Definition of speech-making in:
- The US English dictionary