Definition of speech therapy in English:
Training to help people with speech and language problems to speak more clearly.
- Many people with Down's Syndrome benefit from specialised education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and a dietician.
- Other therapies that have a crucial role in managing and coping with Parkinson's disease include physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Participants in both groups referred to rehabilitation as including physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
speech therapist noun
- Example sentences
- Its facilities include a baby clinic, midwives, health visitors, a speech therapist, a community dentist and an audiologist.
- The patient tolerated the procedures well and was followed up by a speech therapist.
- Shelley developed speaking problems serious enough to send her to a speech therapist.
Definition of speech therapy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia