- A function on some telephones which allows numbers to be entered into a memory and dialled with the push of a single button.More example sentences
- ‘I'll call Denny and Anthony,’ he said, pushing the speed dial.
- He picked up the phone and pressed a button on the speed dial.
- He pushed one on the speed dial and put it to his ear, looking at her cautiously.
verb(speed-dial) (speed-dials, speed-dialling, speed-dialled) [with object] Back to top
- Dial (a telephone number) by using a speed dial function: Sarah speed-dialled the number they speed-dialled a few friendsMore example sentences
- Maybe these people have nothing else to do than listen to every radio station and speed-dial the shows to spew their venom or more often display their stupidity.
- That evening I zipped open my binder and flipped to the bright green divider labeled ‘BIOLOGY’, then I speed-dial Julian's house on my cell phone.
- Onscreen it becomes a somewhat dubious gift from the lead's soon-to-be-murdered child in a moment that in real life would have everyone scurrying to speed-dial the family counselor.
More definitions of speed dialDefinition of speed dial in:
- The US English dictionary