Definition of speed-read in English:
Read rapidly by assimilating several phrases or sentences at once: I speed-read your last book
More example sentences
- I slept well, and then I speed-read three books.
- Since we left Hastings, Nathan's been sitting all alone, silently speed-reading the New Testament.
- Convinced your life would be immeasurably improved if you could speed-read the Economist, Elle Deco and the Spectator, you take out multiple-subscriptions but are, of course, far too busy to read them.
- Example sentences
- I've had to become a speed-reader simply to feed this great big hole.
- Just be careful not to let speed-readers in the group spoil plot twists for others.
- I couldn't have read a book that I wasn't enjoying so quickly, and I typically honored myself as a speed-reader.
Definition of speed-read in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan