Read rapidly by assimilating several phrases or sentences at once: I speed-read your last book
More example sentences
- I slept well, and then I speed-read three books.
- Since we left Hastings, Nathan's been sitting all alone, silently speed-reading the New Testament.
- Convinced your life would be immeasurably improved if you could speed-read the Economist, Elle Deco and the Spectator, you take out multiple-subscriptions but are, of course, far too busy to read them.
- Example sentences
- I've had to become a speed-reader simply to feed this great big hole.
- Just be careful not to let speed-readers in the group spoil plot twists for others.
- I couldn't have read a book that I wasn't enjoying so quickly, and I typically honored myself as a speed-reader.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: speed-read
Definition of speed-read in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.