noun (plural speedos)
1 informal short for speedometer.
- Inside there is a massive central rev counter and a speedo on the steering column (Australian regs required the pair reversed).
- Look closer and you'll notice the port and starboard navigation lights, and the knot meter lined up next to the speedo and rev counter on the dash.
- The arched strip rev counter above the speedo fits in with the design but is hard to read when the sun is directed at the dash.
2 (Speedos) trademark Men’s brief, tight swimming trunks.
- However, I also noticed that Speedos and swimming briefs are extremely popular on the beaches of Europe.
- Generally, Speedos are more acceptable in Europe since that's what most of the natives wear.
- I guess I was thinking about your swim meet last night and how that one team all wore Speedos.
Words that rhyme with speedoaikido, bushido, credo, Guido, Ido, libido, lido, teredo, torpedo, tuxedo
Definition of speedo in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.