- 1British A form of motorcycle racing in which the riders race several laps around an oval dirt track, typically in a stadium.More example sentences
- When I used to race for Southampton in speedway my number was always seven.
- Inside Out also follows the Workington Comets, a second division speedway team that has one of the highest followings in speedway despite not even being top of their league.
- For us, speedway may be the sport of hard nuts, but for the ice-racers of Sweden, Finland and Russia it is the sport of chickens.
- 1.1 [count noun] A stadium or track used for speedway racing.More example sentences
- Earlier this year, residents in Kearsley protested over off-road bikers using towpaths as a speedway.
- 2North American A road or track used for motor-car racing.More example sentences
- She also sponsors a racecar at the local speedway.
- But forget NASCAR for a minute and think about your local speedway.
- His father died, of course, in that famous crash on the last turn at that speedway February 18 of 2001.
- 2.1A highway for fast motor traffic.More example sentences
- After a few phone calls in Spanish (I did not understand a word), we finally made it to the right speedway, called a freeway in LA, with great help from our small map.
- So as you would expect, nobody obeys this law, like nobody goes 65 MPH on our six lane interstate speedways.
More definitions of speedwayDefinition of speedway in:
- The US English dictionary