Definition of speedway in English:
1British A form of motorcycle racing in which the riders race several laps around an oval dirt track, typically in a stadium.
- When I used to race for Southampton in speedway my number was always seven.
- Inside Out also follows the Workington Comets, a second division speedway team that has one of the highest followings in speedway despite not even being top of their league.
- For us, speedway may be the sport of hard nuts, but for the ice-racers of Sweden, Finland and Russia it is the sport of chickens.
2.1A highway for fast motor traffic.
- After a few phone calls in Spanish (I did not understand a word), we finally made it to the right speedway, called a freeway in LA, with great help from our small map.
- So as you would expect, nobody obeys this law, like nobody goes 65 MPH on our six lane interstate speedways.
Words that rhyme with speedwaybreezeway • Midway
Definition of speedway in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan